Trebuchet is the new Georgia

A new blog is definitely a new opportunity for a new font. 

Georgia was a trademark for Pink Smarties, and I've already overused Courier and Helvetica.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that this is my new space. After four years of writing Pink Smarties Blog, it was beginning to feel like a time capsule. Amongst the walls of my Blogspot page lay so many memories of times gone by. Some of them were happy memories; snapshots frozen in time and words that held more meaning than I could say. Others were not so happy. Passive aggressive words formed so eloquently that 
if you
spaced them 
over 
a few 
lines
they might
begin to look like 
poem.

Maybe the hurt was obvious. Maybe it was clear who I was speaking to. The moments held within that web page sometimes bring pain to look back on. Other times that feeling is joy and other times feelings that I do not have the words to explain. Perhaps that is part of the reason why I have decided to privatise Pink Smarties. It is a decision that took a lot of thought, but one that I know, in my heart, is the right thing to do. I have grown acres apart from the person I was at thirteen and my blog tells that story to the world as if it is not mine at all. Sometimes, a private life is the happiest one. I know that my journey to the person I am today is documented over hundreds of posts, of which I feel no need to display on the internet. 

Here's to a new chapter and a new page of the story, written in Trebuchet typeface. 

-Marti 

Comments

  1. Absolutely love this, Marti. I’ve loved PinkSmarites over the years, I can’t wait to follow you through your new chapter :) Beth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Beth! I am so, so glad that we have remained close through the years and that we had the chance to get to know each other through our blogs! I am very excited to begin writing this new page and to see how this new season unfolds. You're such a lovely person x

      Delete
  2. Loving your new blog marti! Looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Oliver! I'm still really hopeful that you'll start up yours again!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts