A Different Kind of Christmas Holidays

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

I’ve planned to sit down and write a blog post a few times over the past few months, but either haven’t had the time to make it a priority or haven’t known what to write about. Starting university has been exciting and scary and strange all mixed into one. I’m still trying to get my head around it all, but in the meantime, I thought I’d give you a little update on how things are going! I am currently sat in my living room at home with my dog at my feet, the fire lit, and a Christmas candle burning. My parents’ home beats university halls any day of the week.

It’s been a different kind of Christmas. North Yorkshire is in tier two, which means we can still mix with people outside. On Christmas day we could mix with two households, which meant that I got to see both of my sisters, but not my older brother. I worked overnights at a supermarket on the days leading up to Christmas eve, which wasn’t as bad as it sounds, and meant that I was able to save some money to spend on alcohol put away. It’s been nice to have some time away from Zoom classes and spending all day at my desk or in the library. It was very strange initially to not have the constant company of flatmates and to be able to cook food at any hour of the night!

With my Christmas money, I’ve bought some new clothes, which I might post a haul of later. I don’t know who I think I am buying nice clothes when it’s likely we’re leading for a third lockdown, but Friday nights will always exist- even if they’re confined to four walls. I’ve binged series four of The Crown, which I loved. I really like Princess Anne and Princess Margaret. This has naturally led me to watching the Diana documentaries on Netflix and subconsciously slipping into my Margaret Thatcher voice every so often “the lady’s not for turning…”

Over the next week, I’m planning to catch up on some work I didn’t finish last term, as well as start revising for a test I have when I go back to uni. There are a few blog post ideas I have planned, which I will hopefully start writing over the coming weeks. In the meantime, I would love to hear about how your Christmas holidays have been!

Marti xx

Comments

  1. Hi lovely, I'm glad you had a nice Christmas, that sounds so cozy! Would like to see the clothes you bought! I had a nice day with lots of yummy food & beautiful weather. I've got a letter to post to you but wasn't sure to send it to your uni or family home can you send me an email with the address? Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts