ASOS Box of Beauty Review

Hello!

Today I thought I’d share my thoughts on the ‘ASOS Box of Beauty’. I kindly received this from my brother and his partner for my birthday. The box is now out of stock to buy, but the products are still available to purchase individually if you’re interested!

The box contains a mixture of products, some of which I have tried before, and others I hadn’t heard of. I thought I would share my honest opinion of each product, regardless of their popularity.

Oskia Cleansing Gel:
This product felt very luxurious. It dispensed as a gel and turned to an oil once emulsified. My skin was left feeling smooth, refreshed, and hydrated.

Wishful Yo Glow Enzyme Scrub:
I don't usually use scrubs, but trying this product was nice as a one off. The scrub had a very fine texture and didn't feel too abrasive on the skin. 

Dr Jart Ceramindin Cream:
This product had quite a strong fragrance, which I was slightly specifically of, especially as a product that I would be leaving on my skin. The cream is quite thick, but doesn’t feel greasy on the skin and left my skin feeling hydrated throughout the day.

Elemis Superfood Cleanser:
I liked that this cleanser was foaming and had a pump, which is different from the cleansers I currently have on rotation. It made for a more luxurious experience, though I found the fragrance quite strong and almost minty.  

Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream:
This is a product that, as a person who suffers from dry skin and eczema, I am already well acquainted with. It is very thick, very moisturising, but also very greasy. It is an absolute wonder product for dry areas like heels and elbows, and I often use it on my hands and wrists where my eczema is often it’s worst. Again, it had that musty hippy shop smell that I’m not totally in love with, but I’ll look past this for it’s many good points. This is one of those products you always want to have in your arsenal, next to that giant tub of Vaseline and Nivea you always have on hand.


Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate:
I’ve just looked up the original price of this product and am still recovering so please bear with me on this one. This is one of those products that doesn’t actually tell you what it is so you’re left guessing what to do with it. I used it as a serum so applied a small amount after cleansing and before moisturising. It made my skin feel very smooth, but didn’t impress me enough to replace my current serums that are a lot cheaper. Looking at the ingredient list, denatured alcohol is the second ingredient (following water), and the product contains fragrances. For a product this expensive, I would prefer a product that didn’t contain as many irritating substances so high on the ingredient list.


Pixi Glow Tonic:


I’ve tried this toner before and had mixed feelings on it. It has a very strong (dare I say hippy shop again?) fragrance and is a slightly off-putting colour. While I enjoyed experimenting with the extra step in my skincare routine, it’s not one that I would use regularly, particularly due to the fact it is exfoliating and I already use both lactic acid and salicylic acid in my skincare routine.

BYBI Supergreens Purifying Face Mask:
As I'm writing this, I'm sat with this garish looking green face mask on. I'm going to be honest, it's not my favourite. It is very green, very vegetabley, and smells very strange. It's clay based and applied well, but I'm not convinced it's going to become my regular weekly mask. I am interested to see how much of an impact using this mask has using it long term, so I might do a post in later months after using it a few more times. 

So that's it! Eight products and a month and a half later, my skin feels very well looked after. Let me know if you have tried any of these products and whether you agree or disagree with my thoughts. 
Marti

Comments

Popular Posts