Mid-Season Empties

Hello, and a very happy fifteen days until Christmas!

This is a post that I’ve had in the vault for a long time, and I have finally gotten around to writing. I used to love reading “empties” posts and seeing what products other people had loved so much that they finished the entire product. The items in this post are all products that I have finished in the last month and have truly enjoyed!

Rub Rub Rub from Lush:

The first product I would like to talk about is "Rub Rub Rub". I bought this over Summer to use as an exfoliator before tanning and honestly- it is a dream. What I will say though is that I didn’t expect it to be blue! It has a very fine texture and doesn’t feel gritty and hard like most other scrubs I have tried.

Cerave SA Smoothing Cleanser:

The next product is a cleanser that I used religiously throughout August and September. It is gently exfoliating because it contains Salicylic Acid, so is best to use once a day if you have sensitive skin. My skin always felt really smooth and refreshed after using this product, and it was really quick to use in the shower.

 The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo:

If there is one item that you take from this list, let it be this one. I have repurchased this shampoo repeatedly throughout the years because of how much I love it. As somebody with dry skin, this shampoo has literally transformed my scalp- it leaves your hair completely flake free and smells lovely too! I cannot recommend this enough. Okay, swoon over.

Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion:

The next product is an honourable mention. The Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion is nothing to write home about, but it is a simple, reliable moisturiser that I know will never react badly with my skin.

St Tropez Gradual Tan Watermelon Infusion:

This was my go-to gradual tan this Summer. It smells amazing, looks natural, and doesn’t leave you with orange ankles. Win-win.

Maybelline Face Studio Primer:

I’m a big primer fan. I just feel that they make your makeup sit that bit better on your face and keep it from sliding throughout the day. I particularly enjoyed this primer because of how easily it applied and how smooth it felt once on. I’d say it’s a pretty good dupe for the Benefit Porefessional- though not as good as Maybelline’s Baby Skin primer.

Dream Cream from Lush:

This one isn’t my favourite, but I know that a lot of people love it. For me, I think that the smell put me off. It has a kind of herby fragrance that I don’t love, but I did find it great for moisturising particularly dry areas of my body. 6/10 I’d say.

Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm:

I love a cleansing balm, especially after a heavy day when all you want to do is hop in the shower and crawl into bed. This one is quite oily so probably isn’t the best for oilier skin types, but an absolute win for people with dry/combination skin.

So that’s it! Those are all the products that I have used so much that I had to squeeze the last drops out. Let me know if you’ve tried any of these products or have any similar recommendations!

Marti

Comments

Popular Posts