'Anne with an E'- First Impressions

“Dear old world', she murmured, 'you are very lovely, and I am glad to be alive in you.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


Anne of Green Gables has been on my to-read list for a long, long time. Too long, in fact. It's amongst The Great Gatsby, The Lord of the Flies, Of Mice and Men: books that I feel a sense of embarrassment at not having read, but still have every intention to read in the near future (unlike Crime and Punishment- sorrynotsorry). 'Anne with an E' has made me move Anne of Green Gables much further up my to-read list, which must make the series a success. 

I think that the season why I love this series so much is the fact that Anne is such a likeable character. She is both naive and wise, thoughtful and thoughtless. She is unwaveringly herself, making her such a marmite character. She has such a passion for life, seeing every day as an adventure. She's the kind of person you want to have around you, even if they constantly get on your nerves.



I'm halfway through season two at the moment, and there have already been so many times where I've felt so sorry for the Cuthberts. Matthew is such a kind and genuine character, and Marilla softens throughout the series to become the same. I love the dynamic between him and Marilla; they remind me a lot of Hans and Rosa from The Book Thief. They face so many hardships, and yet they remain such a loving and close family. 

Have you watched this series? What do you think?

Marti 

Comments

  1. this looks good! will have to add to my to-watch list xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should (not that I need to tell you again ahah!) xx

      Delete
  2. I love these series! I also love the books, too...read all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about this series, but never considered watching it...until I read this post. Just like you, I have also been wanting to read 'Anne of Green Gables' for quite a decent while now, so let's see which of the two happens first :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne of Green Gables is one of my all time favourite book series!! I haven't watched the netflix show yet, and was worried that it would ruin the books for me but this post has deffo made me reconsider.

    - Ranye x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts