To-Read 'Shortlist'

“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”
― Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

  1. 'Whistle in the Dark' by Emma Healey
  2. 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' by J.K.Rowling
  3. 'The Testaments' by Margaret Atwood 
  4. 'Oryx and Crake' by Margaret Atwood
  5. 'Turtles All the Way Down' by John Green
  6. 'Looking for Alaska' by John Green
  7. 'Eleanor Oliphant' is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
  8. 'The Secret Life of Bees' by Sue Monk Kidd 
  9. 'Naughts and Crosses' by Malorie Blackman 
  10. 'The Lord of the Flies' by William Golding 
  11. 'The Danish Girl' by David Ebershoff
  12. 'I am Number Four' by Pittacus Lore
Follow me on Goodreads for updates and reviews! 

Marti

Comments

  1. ooh! I'm embarrassed to say I've read NONE of these, but I'll definitely look into them cause I'm always on the hunt for a new book xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know which ones I would recommend- and I can lend you any of them! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love that quote at the beginning. Completely agree with it too :).

    I hope you enjoy reading through those books. I have to say, 'Lord of the Flies' is an excellent read)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a nice comment! I'm really excited to read it :)

      Delete
  3. Reading through all your posts now and loving them! You should fully watch the movie I am Number Four too, it's 10x better than the book which isn't common, but the movie is soo good and the soundtrack is bomb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind- thank you! Ooh, I will! x

      Delete
  4. I really want to read The Danish Girl too! It's been on my to-read list for ages haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like such a good read, especially in terms of identity and gender performance. I want to read it before watching the film!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts