Simple Acts of Kindness

Yesterday at work, a lady who I had just served at the checkout smiled at me and handed me back a box of Ferrero Rocher, saying 'these are for the staff'. My heart melted. After a morning of being understaffed and vented at by agitated customers, one individual made the choice to do something kind. It made me think about all the seemingly small things we can easily do for others to make their day. 

  1. Be polite to frontline workers 
  2. Buy only what you need, saving enough for others 
  3. Stay indoors if you are able to, protecting the vulnerable 
  4. Let the person with fewer items in the queue go first 
  5. Text a friend who might be lonely (even if it's just 'good morning'!)
  6. Offer to buy your elderly/vulnerable neighbour's shopping (if you are well enough!)
  7. Take the time to write an email to somebody you've lost contact with
  8. Water your plants
  9. Ring family that live away
  10. Write a positive comment on a website you love *ahem* 
  11. Support your local food bank
  12. Write a letter to a care home resident
  13. Use your skills to help others
What is the kindest thing that somebody has ever done for you?
Marti 

Comments

  1. Aww, this is such a sweet post)). Haha, number 10😂😊.

    Honestly, I can't seem to pinpoint the kindest thing someone has done for me. I do, however, appreciate every act of kindness that has been directed my way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, haha!
      That is a very good answer! :)

      Delete
  2. Marti - this is a fantastic idea and a wonderful act of kindness for you to share it with me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh marti this is so lovely!!
    made me smile. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much boo. I think random acts of kindness and being mindful and considerate of others is so important. Not only will it make someone else's life easier and bring some joy to their life, but it makes you feel great to do something to help someone else. I dropped a bag of toys and bits and pieces to my neighbours house who I normally nanny for (when it wasn't lockdown) and I've also got a big bag of things to donate to the charity shop. Another thing that is really nice to do is, when selling things online/second hand, wrapping it up in tissue paper and ribbon and putting a little extra in the parcel to make them smile. It's people like you who give me hope for the future and remind me that there are still positive and goodhearted humans out there! Love ya xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts