Phoera Foundation Review

While searching Amazon for my usual Rimmel Match Perfection foundation, I can across the brand Phoera. Their 30ml full coverage foundation had rave reviews, with comments such as 'perfection in a bottle' and 'a little gem of a product'. At £6.99, I figured it was worth an experiment.

I ordered this little bottle through Amazon Prime a few days after Christmas, and it arrived in in three days. I opted for the shade 102 Nude. This was complete guesswork from a fairly limited selection, but I am very impressed with the colour payoff and think it's a much better match than some of the foundations I have in rotation. 


Upon first application, I was very impressed. It applied smoothly, was very lightweight on the skin, and a little went a long way. There was no obvious smell, which is a massive advantage over some other cheap foundations I have tried. 

I don't usually stray very far from Rimmel foundations. I used to love the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundations, but they are very hard to get hold of in the UK now. I've previously tried the MAC Studio Fix Fluid, which I didn't get along very well with. It oxidised quickly and didn't blend well, even after using the MAC strobe cream primer. To find a foundation that I enjoy a lot more at a much cheaper retail price is always a win in my book. 

I also don't usually go for full coverage foundations, as I find a light to medium coverage foundation with a little concealer is enough for most days. I would describe the Phoera foundation as full coverage, which was something a bit different for me.

For reference, I have combination skin with dry patches around my cheeks and nose, and an oily T-zone. I have quite rosy undertones and my main concern is covering discolouration under my eyes, on my cheeks, and chin. 

I applied this foundation in the way I would apply my usual foundation, beginning with a small amount of the Benefit Porefessional primer. I then pumped a small amount of this foundation to the back of my hand and applied across my face with a beauty blender. I found that I needed less concealer than usual after using this foundation, so I only applied a small amount of the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer under my eyes. To set, I applied a light dusting of the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in the shade translucent. 

Immediately after application:

This is the finished look of the foundation. It has a slightly dewy finish, giving a hydrated and fresh look. I'm really impressed so far, but will give an update of how it lasts throughout the day. 

15m in- leaving the house:

The foundation was slightly starting to settle into some of my fine lines, but other than that there was no change. 

Two hours in:

After a quick trip into town and wearing a mask for around half an hour, I couldn't see any difference in how my foundation looked. However, I am very aware that days when I'm wearing a mask for nine hours at work, this is likely to be a different story. It was quite windy and damp though, which is another point in favour of the foundation.

I'm going out again soon for food, so I'll give another update when I'm back, and a final one before I take it off before bed.
Four hours later:

I am extremely impressed with how long-wearing this foundation has been. It has started to wear, but not any more than any other foundation I've tried. 

I didn't manage to get a photo before taking my makeup off for the evening, but I noticed the foundation had started to wear off on my cheeks and chin. 

To take off my makeup, I used the Banila Clean it Zero cleansing balm and the Oskia Renaissance cleansing gel, which removed all of the foundation.

In all, I love this foundation. For such a cheap price point, it has great coverage, wears well, and doesn't feel heavy on the skin.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts