Some Positive Thoughts for the Week Ahead

A red velvet cake I made this morning 
Happy Monday!

At the end of this week, it will be announced whether social distancing measures will be relaxed in the UK. It feels as though we have been in lockdown for a long time, and yet my days aren't dragging. I've had time to do the things I enjoy like baking and reading, and I've been lucky enough to spend the sunny days in my garden or by the river walking the dog. I've been able to stay in contact with my friends and family and I've been able to carry on with my job. The only thing that doesn't feel right is the fact that these conditions are forced. At the moment, we physically cannot go to the cinema, or to the pub, or even meet a friend. I think that when restrictions gradually relax, the contact we have with other people will feel so much more special. 

I think that while there are so many obvious negatives to the current situation, it's important to look for the positives. According to the BBC, there are less than twenty people being treated at the London Nightingale Hospital, which has a capacity of four thousand beds. Last week, Boris Johnson said that the virus was 'past its peak' in coronavirus cases, and there are new lows for deaths in France, Spain, and Italy. France is planning to lift its lockdown on the 11th May, which means that gradually, things are returning to normality. 



There are so many reasons to be positive at the moment, and we are almost at the other side.

Marti

Comments

  1. I love this!! We have been on level3 for a couple of weeks now so things are more relaxed and open, I went for a drive to the country the other day to pick up some food for my baby chickens and we got some icecream, and last night I got a kebab, cos some restuarants are open again. And there were no new cases in NZ today! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is so good to hear! xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the positive thoughts)). I'm glad to hear that the situation is getting better where you are. Fingers crossed that things go back to normal soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you are doing well :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts