When Life Gives You Flat Meringues

...Make Eton Mess!

Happy Tuesday!

This morning, I made meringues again. I made the rookie mistake of getting the slightest bit of yoke in with my egg whites, which meant that my meringue mixture was runny and my meringues were flat, sigh. 

I thought that this was quite a good metaphor for life. Things don't always go to plan, but when they don't, there is always something good that can come out of it. For now, at least, I am looking forward to eating Eton Mess later on. 

I have ordered one of the texts on my uni reading list, and in the meantime, I am reading The Lord of the Flies. For some reason, I can't stop imagining the island that they end up on as the place where we went on holiday last year. There was this amazing beach with rocky cliffs and lots of rockpools and seagulls. Somehow, I think this book is going to get a lot less idyllic haha. 

We watched The Danish Girl on Saturday, which was such an amazing film. Eddie Redmayne is fantastic- I'm pretty sure I would watch anything with him in it. I'm also almost finished watching Normal People on BBC iPlayer. If you have any recommendations, I would be very happy to receive them! 

I hope you have a good week!

Marti 

Comments

Popular Posts