A Different Kind of Easter

Easter means something different for each person you ask. For me, Easter is usually a time for seeing family and eating lots of chocolate. Things aren't usual at the moment, which means that every small piece of normality is even more precious. 


Frankie on his walk yesterday

On Saturday night, I played Monopoly with my family. The game lasted over two hours and my brother got bored and left after the first hour, but still, I am grateful for the fact that I have family around me to spend time with. On Easter Sunday, we went for a long dog walk and Frankie met some sheep. That evening, I video called my siblings and watched 'Yesterday' with my mum and dad. My gran sent me a beautiful card, my nana and grandad sent me a gin Easter egg, and my uncle sent me a creme egg Easter egg- none of which I was expecting, which came as such a nice surprise. Despite it being all the restrictions, I am grateful for the fact that we are still allowed outside for exercise and the fact that I am lucky enough to have a garden and things to do inside. 

Today, I watched the first episode of series three of Killing Eve and made some progress with the book I'm reading. The weather today is a lot colder than it has been, so I'm going to continue an online course I started inside, and then go for a walk later. I'm at work this evening, which I am actually looking forward to. It feels good to know that you are helping other people.

What are the high and lowlights of your Easter weekend? 

Marti 

Comments

  1. frankie is just too cute.. love this post, marti, i'm glad you managed to have such a nice easter with everything going on!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope that you had a nice Easter too! xx

      Delete
  2. Happy to hear that you had a nice Easter, Marti). I have neither highlights nor lowlights, because I don't celebrate the holiday.

    What's the name of the book that you mentioned?

    Ps. Your puppy is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm currently reading The Testaments by Margaret Atwood :)

      Delete
  3. I'm obsessed with Frankie! I'm really glad you had a lovely Easter regardless of everything. I had a nice roast dinner with my family and it was stormy here and we had a fire going! We had little chocolate bunnies with the bells on them, and we tied them on scouts collar so he is walking around with little bells going hehe. So cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am too!

      That sounds lovely! Aww xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts