Midweek Thoughts

“It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.”
― George Orwell, 1984


We're into the fourth week of lockdown and the second week of the Easter holidays. I'm currently listening to 1984 as an audiobook and eating leftover Easter eggs. I downloaded Audible yesterday in the hope that it will make me more inclined to read classics. Over the last few days, I have binged Pure on Netflix, and I have started Unorthodox. I really recommend them both! Recently, I've watched The Circle, which is interesting in terms of technology and ethics. I think that I am going to watch The Theory of Everything next as I remember wanting to see it at the cinema when it was released. I'm really missing watching shows with my friends.

I've been looking through my class notes and wondering what to do with them. I'm going to keep hold of them until I get my A-Level results, and then pull out the most useful ones and recycle the rest. I've had a big sort out of my room and have a very large pile to donate when this is all over…the phrase we all seem to say every day. It's nice to have a clearer space to live in.

I've just been for a walk by the river and I think that I am going to do some baking this evening. Lockdown is starting to feel a bit tedious, but I'm trying to keep positive and view it as a time to do all the things I wouldn't usually have time to do.

What have you been upto?

Marti

Comments

  1. I cannot emphasise anough on how amazing of a book '1984' is. I've developed a very strong connection to the story, and fell in some very deep tbroughts while and after reading it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did).

    I spent a few hours tidying up my room yesterday, and I completely agree with you about it being better to live in a clean environment.

    I've been doing some reading too, and just started on 'Wuthering Heights' by Emily Brontë. Have you read that novel?

    Glad to know that you're managing to occupy yourself with enjoyable activities amid all of this. Stay safe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it in a day ahah- I love it! So disturbing, yet not unimaginable in today's society.

      I loved Wuthering Heights! The Brontë home is actually local to where I live, we've visited a few times. I hope you enjoy the story!

      "She burned too bright for this world."
      — Emily Brontë (Wuthering Heights)

      Delete
  2. 1984 is my fav book ever! Would love to see a post of nature photography on a walk or something as I love your pics. And so good to hear about organising your room and finding things to donate. I find a lot of people don't do it due to how busy life is, and recently I have seen so many people decluttering which is great! Would love to see before and after pics xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it!
      That is such a good idea! I take most of my photos on my sister's DSLR that she kindly left at home when she moved out, but I'm getting a new phone tomorrow with a better camera, so I'll experiment with that and hopefully post some of them on here!

      I love a good clear out! Again, that is such a good idea! I'll have another big clear out before I move and post the before and after on here!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts