The Banana Bread Stage of Lockdown

POV: It’s twenty to four, we’ve just come back from a walk and got absolutely soaked from the sudden change of weather, and I’m watching Frozen two in my pyjamas. Earlier on I had the genius idea to bake banana bread, like the rest of the world in lockdown, which turned into a bit of a disaster. Pro tip: don’t take it out of the oven after half an hour just because it looks golden...it’s the middle that you’ve got to worry about! 

Ingredients
140g butter
140g caster sugar
2 large eggs
140g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 ripe bananas 

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4
  2. Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment or tin foil
  3. Cream 140g softened butter and 140g caster sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add 2 beaten large eggs with a little of the 140g flour
  4. Fold in the remaining flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 2 mashed bananas
  5. Pour into the tin and bake for about 30-45 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean
  6. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack


Have you tried making banana bread? Was it more successful than my attempt? 

Marti 

Update: While avoiding the centre, it was actually okay- even if my mum 'would rather not' haha!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the recipe)). I've been quite passionate about baking too lately, but haven't yet reached banana bread. Might give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Let me know if you do- I know that I'll definitely give it another try!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts