Saturday Thoughts


Things are starting to seem more normal. A new normal.

We've had Perspex fitted on our tills at work and there are markers around the store, advising people of the distance that they must maintain from others. Our produce shelves are relatively bare; I was asked twice why we have no peppers. We have been given hand sanitizer (it's the small wins) and whenever colleagues get too close, a team leader shouts, 'social distancing!'.

Daily walks have become something to look forward to and I've found lots of little projects to keep myself sane. I have tried 'colouring for mindfulness', but I find it more stressful than relaxing! It always starts well, but then I'll use colours that look bad together or will end up going outside of the lines. I'm a little bit obsessed with 'Words with Friends' and have been spending a lot of time playing that with my family and friends. I have started a classical Latin course with the Open University (ad meliora!), as well as binging 'Anne with an E’, 'The Good Place', and 'Tiger King' on Netflix. I am so, so excited for series three of 'Killing Eve'!

Today, my plan is to write this blog post, go for a walk, and dig out some board games. Three of my siblings don't live with me, so we're hoping to play a game remotely tonight. My mum and I started watching the new 'Little Women' film on Thursday, which I think we are going to finish tonight. I'm working 7-2pm tomorrow, which is quite a nice shift!

On NCS, we played a game called 'head, heart, bin, bag' in the evening. 'Head' is what you have learned, 'heart' is what you have loved, 'bin' is what you want to forget, and 'bag' is what you will take away. From this week, I have learned that free time is a blessing and something we should appreciate. I have loved the small amounts of time that I have been able to spend outside walking, and I would like to forget any feelings of resentfulness of being in lockdown. I will take away the feeling of togetherness of being inside with family.

What's you 'head, heart, bin, bag'?

Marti

Comments

  1. you've summed things up perfectly, it is becoming the new normal, starting to sink in now. for me:
    head - appreciate the small things
    heart - taking time for me
    bin - the uncertainty of everything happening & feelings with that
    bag - the same as you! spending time with family xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing what you're upto and what's in your mind! :) Recently I've been taking better care of my health like making filling and nutritious meals, I've started running, and reading books more often. I'm also focusing on embracing my natural appearance as I've been struggling with acne but I'm focusing on loving my natural face and finding vegan and chemical free makeup products!

    Also- I would love to put together a goodie bag for you of NZ things or bits and pieces that I think you would like, I will send it to you for your birthday or Xmas but I know we both really like ethical things n I think I'll know the perfect treats for you plus some beauty bits and other things from local businesses where I live! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that you're looking after yourself!

      Rosie, that is the sweetest thing ever! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts