How to Make Whipped Coffee

It's gotten to that point in lockdown...I made the TicTok coffee. 

This simple recipe has been all over the internet over the last few weeks, promising a barista-style coffee in minutes. I was sceptical at first, but a caffeine addiction and boredom made me cave. 

Ingredients:
2 tbsp instant coffee
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tbsp hot water

Method:
  1. In a bowl, place equal parts instant coffee, sugar, and hot water. I would say that this is a ridiculous amount of sugar, so if you try using less, let me know how it goes!
  2. Whisk together until thick and creamy. With an electric whisk, this only took a few minutes, but I'm sure that with some patience, a manual whisk would suffice. 
  3. In a glass, fill 3/4 with milk and ice
  4. Scoop whipped coffee over iced milk
  5. Mix well and serve 
 Have you tried making this yet? What was the result? 

Marti

Update: I tried this recipe using 1 tsp of each ingredient, which made a lot less in quantity but was much less sugary and tasted a lot better!

Comments

  1. I tried this multiple times over the course of the last few weeks. I whipped it by hand and that, I can tell you, was a STRUGGLE.

    I don't think the amount of sugar you add makes a difference, because I always added less and it came out perfectly fine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm sorry to hear it! Glad that it worked out well though! :)

      Delete
  2. this looks insane!! i really want to try it! my tiktok & coffee addictions are strong so this looks perfect haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Let me know how it goes :) xx

      Delete
  3. Just wait til the bread making addiction gets to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't start uni for six months, so I am sure it will get to that!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts