Unexpected Kindness

Another week into lockdown and my news feed is still flooded with Coronavirus updates. Many high-street businesses are being forced into administration and there is the threat of outdoor exercise being banned. Now more than ever is the time to look out for those around us and keep in contact with those who may be struggling. 

It has been revealed that one of the new Nightingale hospitals will be built in the town next to where I live, which feels both scary and comforting at the same time somehow. We are lucky to have the facility so locally, but the prospect of somebody I know being admitted is frightening. 

On a positive note, the same lady who bought my colleagues and I Ferrero Rocher last week bought us all Kit Kats today, which was an act of kindness that took me by complete surprise and made me smile all day. I also saw a colleague help an elderly customer unload her trolley on to the checkout (after asking if it was okay for her to touch the items), which I thought was another really simple act of kindness that would make such a difference to the individual. Despite social distancing being difficult to maintain in a supermarket with lots of customers and colleagues, it does feel a lot safer to be at work now that we have Perspex, plastic gloves, and hand sanitiser. 

I am really grateful to have this blogging community during this time; it feels as though we are all facing this uncertain time together and are sharing hope with each other. I am immeasurably grateful for the uplifting and supportive comments that I have received on my last few posts. We can get through this- together. 

Have you experienced any unexpected kindness recently?

Marti





Comments

  1. what an encouraging post, cheered me up!! it's so important that we're all kind, especially at the moment. i find the clapping for the NHS each week so special as well. i think just friends & family sticking together, like i've had friends messaging me to check in which is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love a kind and considerate queen <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another sweet post)). Absolutely love post like there. They lift my mood so much :))

    Today, I had a friend I've not talked to in a while message me and ask me how I'm doing. It was very unexpected, and made me feel really greatful to have her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind- thank you!

      How lovely!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts